P&P Press, Inc. was established and built by its founder, Larry B. Perkins. Larry learned the technical attributes of web-offset printing at Tazewell Publishing Company in Morton (considered at the time to be the premier central printing plant in downstate Illinois).
P&P Press History
How we got started
Larry B. Perkins
- Started as a printing apprentice, progressing to journeyman ahead of schedule
- Promoted eight times in the next seven years
- Concluded his tenure there as Production Manager
- Founded P&P Press, Inc. in 1984
- Served as president of the Non-Heat Web Offset Press Association (a division of the Web Offset Association of America) and held a variety of other national association offices
- Passed away in 2002 at 48 years of age
After Larry’s passing, his wife Sheila D. Perkins assumed leadership of the company. P&P Press, Inc. was sold to Arthur P. Young in 2011.
Arthur P. Young
- Began his career at P&P Press in 1986
- Promoted multiple times, eventually serving as manager in each functional department
- Promoted to Production Manager in 1996
- Led project to purchase and install new press in 2005
- Promoted to Vice President of Production in 2010
- Purchased P&P Press in 2011
- Expanded capability by adding two press lines and with additional color capacity
- Expanded into new markets with internet on-demand printing in 2015
- Added in-line sheeting and Ultra-Violet (UV) coating capability in 2016
- Upgrades equipment and software regularly to retain P&P’s state-of-the-art processes
P&P Press has done another excellent job! We appreciate all of the extra efforts you and your staff make to accomplish such a fine job for us. Thanks so much!
The employees of P&P Press have earned our confidence through their hard work and careful attention to details of our publishing needs.
The posters look great and we are already getting compliments. I was so surprised they were already here when I got back from a lunch hour walk. We will be doing more business together!